View Single Post
Old 06.11.2010, 01:14 PM   #33
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Well, fuck cds. I really do like having the cd/lp rather than mp3s BUT. They've been taking the piss for too long - what 100%, 80% profit on a little plastic thing? I know how much cds cost to be made (no more than 0.50 USD per unit), there are other administrative, distribution, legal costs of course, but still, the artists barely ever get anything from that. And more and more they've been expected to pay for their own promotion/recording as well as many labels turned into the strategy of only signing artists that have already spent enough on building a strong following or even bearing the costs of their own recording. You'd expect with the mp3 threat that they would lower prices, diversify, bring more artists and local partnerships. No, the focus was on demanding even more from artists, paying them even less and putting the prices up, while still spending millions trying to build one or two mega manufactured artists. They've had plenty of time to adjust and innovate. They just can't get over he fact they cannot dictate what people listen to anymore. So, fuck off.

Rant over.

I would love a 75% sale. Anything good?

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|