View Single Post
Old 05.20.2010, 12:20 AM   #46
FreshChops
100%

FreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
Do you consider me part of the lowest common denominator?

That would depend... have you looked around yourself at a ICP gathering?

I'd think if you find something like ICP amusing, that's just dandy, really. But surely you realize that you are commending something that is a spectacle purely off the fact that it's exaggerated and silly and therefor not going to share the same opinion (or respect) by others about such acts.

You are buying into performers draw as a spectacle, and by zany personalities at best. Perhaps they instigate letting loose, a good party, etc. I think it'd be more about how fucked up you can get in their presence amongst friends and not by their talent or depth.... good times, and nothing wrong with that. That's all good, I'm sure they instigate countless, priceless memories for lots of attendees.... but frankly their act revolves around silliness. Buck-up!

They represent, letting go, getting zany, being silly... PARTYING! .... you know, "Clowns". You'd have to just accept yourself as unique for finding them entertaining, and you have to fuck what kind of criticism is thrown out at them or even you..... but you don't truly expect even a reasonable level of mutual respect for them, really?

FreshChops is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|