Thread: laptop advice
View Single Post
Old 05.15.2010, 10:03 PM   #34
FreshChops
100%

FreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by space
I've had both too? my last desktop was an iMac...that said...

going from Windows to Macs and back again, i'm curious, and seriously, honestly, you don't have any hang-ups with Windows... or any between one or the other.

I'm just getting my hands on a new Windows PC (running Windows 7) and so far all good, but I think that it's undeniable that most all of the improvements mostly in the aesthetics, have mimicked MAC OSX's... just a couple stupid little examples would be the new in-line programs icon bar (with transparency), and the emphasis on multiple window / multiple app running functions.... features of macs for the last decade or so.

It's also trendy to knock on Apple Enthusist, but is it possible or even fathomable that people of all walks and professions all reach ridiculous levels of enthusiasm for their Apple products as a direct reflection of their level of satisfaction of their Apples? I don't see people flooding apple stores eager to rub their apple logo products in PC users faces, I see people enthusiastic about their products that have likely far exceeded their expectations and improved their PC'ing experiences.... is it all a prestigious charades they're faking to justify their investments over the more budget PC route.... i'd swear that's how y'all see it and explain it.

Regarding the constant "making it work".... the most intolerable factor of this is about PC's, that they are undeniably vulnerable to an unimaginable amount and constant slew of viruses, spyware, adware, spam, trojan's, worms....etc. It's amusing how the Mac critics knock Apple users for them supporting the next communist regime, yet Windows devoties are about the most exploited bitches of any industry and technology in existence.

Yeah, I'd recommend buying Applecare warranties.... but guess what, you're not spending $75-100 a year on preventive Virus software... and yet, you still have Hardware failure... so some sort of similar warranty is ideal too... you know you bought the silly warranty the laptop offers that you just bought.... so where's the sense in your knocking AppleCare?

so... for people who like to constantly play with computers, pulling parts, running performance programs.... PC / Windows are a ton of fun. I work on computers professionally, and I have no time to be making shit work and running preventive apps, I'd choose a new profession if I had to work on PC's.

all said, if and only if gaming is the feature use for turning it on.... like my son's, it's got to be a PC. I won't argue that, but if anyone wants to make themselves feel better off with Windows because the know jack shit about Macs other than they're more expensive and control their coding, and for good fucking reason (see three paragraphs up), you're only fooling yourselves.

FreshChops is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|