View Single Post
Old 04.11.2010, 07:02 PM   #71
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous

I was just reasoning with some i-dren about this, remember the prominence of sexual pederasty in Greco-Roman culture and society would be similarly appalling in our society today and in many circumstances very much parallels this situation with the Catholic Church.. after all, the Roman Church is the direct preservation and partial resuscitation of the old Roman Empire.. perhaps the Roman Church is practicing criminal anachronisms?

I wonder how much Roman pederasty has been in the Church?

actually i think your context-free posting of a piece of pottery just proved my point about mental health. while men-boy relations in ancient greece were socially sanctioned, supervised by parents, voluntarilty entered, and devoid of shame, besides including a mentoring/educational relationship, today's morality keeps the same attractions in the deep dark cavern of shameful rape ad molestation, churning pathologies.

a caveat, though---in ancient times one became a man much earlier than today, the jews have traditionally 13, for romans it was 15 or 16, can't recall, and not sure about the greeks, so you could say this was not a "boy" as we understand today, it was a younger man with an older man, whereas american childhoods are protracted until one's early 20s, sometimes even later, and a 13 year old is a fucking immature baby. back in the day women married at 12, started having children, right away, the life cycle was lots shorter, but i do think people were saner, though not by any means saints.

sainthood, by the way-- don't get me started on that bizarre concept. only the diseased complement of sin, hell, eternal damnation, and the life of billions crippled by perpetual shame.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|