View Single Post
Old 04.09.2010, 04:44 PM   #65
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
anyway, pookie, campbell is best in the bill moyers videos which should be available in the yookay. his serious writing is a bit dated, as he was an old school jungian and his students @ sarah lawrence called him an old fascist. but he's highly entertaining and interesting on teevee.
I might try youtubing him before I commit my VALUABLE time to reading a whole book. I'm not a reading machine after all.
Quote:
anyway, speaking of jungian notions, don't discount fairy tales as lesser than religious myths-- they are often interchangeable and even more useful, psychologically speaking.

i find the greek fairytales far more entertaining than the myth if the crucified jewish wonderboy (who is really pagan in origin). the greeks had healthier minds, i think, than the 2000 years of christianity that followed.
Agreed.
Quote:
tell her: kid, i love you, your mother loves you, BUT YOU ARE GOING TO HELL!!!!
Having children adds a new perspective to religious belief. The wishful thinking of an afterlife is easier to go along with if you're talking about somebody you love more than anything.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|