View Single Post
Old 04.09.2010, 12:22 PM   #62
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
also, glice, one of your posts was too convoluted fo me to make 100% sense of it, but were you implying that without religion we'd had only dry reason and have no poetry, no metaphor, no story, no dreams? if so, that's clearly a fallacy-- it's the other way around. we just need to keep sure we retain metaphors and metaphors and don't literalize (spelling, there? not sure-- or semantics for that matter-- "literalize"--- whatever, this is only my part-time language).

anyway, pookie, campbell is best in the bill moyers videos which should be available in the yookay. his serious writing is a bit dated, as he was an old school jungian and his students @ sarah lawrence called him an old fascist. but he's highly entertaining and interesting on teevee.

anyway, speaking of jungian notions, don't discount fairy tales as lesser than religious myths-- they are often interchangeable and even more useful, psychologically speaking.

i find the greek fairytales far more entertaining than the myth if the crucified jewish wonderboy (who is really pagan in origin). the greeks had healthier minds, i think, than the 2000 years of christianity that followed.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|