View Single Post
Old 06.28.2006, 07:00 AM   #14
wax
the destroyed room

wax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asses
immersion is the only way, but even though i came to japan to immerse myself, ive ended up with friends who speak great english. i have no none japanese friends here but all of my japanese friends, my boss, my housemate all speak fluent english, which is shit because it means there is no pressure on me.
i can get by. and im lazy. and when you add all thoes things up you wil see its just not happening for me.
its difficult to make friends who dont speak much english when you cant speak much japanese, but thats what i need to do.
also the fact that you learn polite jp and all of your friends when speaking to each other use plain jp which means you cant recognize any of the verbs you learnt from your books, means you dont understand a word.
i can speak alot more than i can understand but im so shy to speak because i know the answer or conversation that follows will likely be impossible for me to understand, then that person wont want to speak to me anymore.
do you think certian people are cut out for learning languages and certian people just are not?
i think that if you learn HOW to learn a language from an early age then its not so difficult for you. so many mainland europeans seem to speak so many langauges, and when i talk to people about it they tell me they learn from a very early age. my school in england had the attitude of "fuck it , your english, dont worry about it, yll be sorted wherever u go" and we were taught very half heartedly.
might sound like me trying to excuse my shitness at japanese but it is true.
wax is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|