View Single Post
Old 06.25.2006, 08:01 PM   #70
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
I watched most of the pilot of the Maher show. ^ I had read about this some time ago & then sort of didn't make it a priority after that. As always, Bill is pretty good, but still slightly askew. In pains me to think that Amazon supports net-neutrality, as does Mr. Bill Gates himself. Google opposes, bless their googly hearts. The House passed it already. The Senate was supposed to vote on it Friday, but has delayed their verdict (after all, GW is definitely signing---hence the reference to the word "verdict") until this next Tuesday. watch it
shake
watch it
rise
watch it fall

yeah, I get Instigator's trepedation vis a vis the Co-Nan...Just wanted to say that since I respect him. Lordy, I recall when he was first on the air how (as I put it before a good while ago) Conan appeared like a deer caught in the headlights. To draw a Bush comparison (with Rob hehe), Conan looked worse than Bush did post-9/11 as far as not really having all his marbles & coming off as uncomfortable to the point of appeating unprofessional even.
But that shows you something. He is like one of the editors of the writing department which is hit-&-miss, although they do come up with funny bits from time to time & Conan has now come into his own as a talk show host. Watching his show (which I do everytime of Craig Ferguson barring the rare exception due to a guest), the main thing is that Conan is (in your assessment ballpark here)...cheesy. Primarily so in the monologue when he does the "really great show" thing in a manner of a po-mo Ed Sullivan if you will...robotically repeating nearly the same lines every night & so on in the manner of a florida used car salesman. That smirk...yeah I've seen it. Funny how those little facial communications can trigger aggression. I've experienced it myself. It's like it's wired-in almost. It's like we know more than we think & the only way to know it a little is to know that you don't know anything, but, I digress.

Whew! Hey, Family Guy is much better with the sound turned down & listening to a Pylon show. You can kind of make up your own childlike narrative as you watch the images if you're out of your mind like
me.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|