Thread: The Game
View Single Post
Old 11.24.2009, 04:48 PM   #34
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
in regards to mob music and intellectual lyrics.. its not that the Game doesn't have any good lyrics with substance, there are actually a few really good lines and those are what really keep me into the Game, but again, it is mob music, and its audience/fan base are folks who can relate to several varieties of criminal life. That being said, for folks who live criminal lives, the Game and other mob music is in fact GENIUS lyrics. These kinds of folks think highly of the lyrics which many of us might consider unseemly, talking about promiscuity, violence, anti-police, gang shit, etc etc.

I think the Game sums up that vibes when he said, "hell yeah its fucking real Uzi dog.."

whether or not the Game is a studio gangster is a different argument, but what he points out most often in his lyrics is that gangster rap is not about pretending, its about real life drama. Its not a movie. While for most mid-west, middle class white kids picking this shit up off of iTunes and MTV, of course they don't get it, but for other folks this shit speaks volumes.

i particularly enjoy mob music, is it a kind of art form. After all, art must reflect the experience/perspective of its audience, and for gangsters, street folks and other low lives like myself, we like to hear about ourselves and our daily grind in our music. I am sure a bunch of pencil pushers enjoy that REM shit, but when you got to get yr hustle on while lookin over yr shoulder for the rollers, than you need something a bit more rough around the edges

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|