View Single Post
Old 11.01.2009, 10:25 PM   #18
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
oh yes i already do that, in fact i "live" in different countries, always going back and forth. this has helped me, but the whole thing about translating is to have a shitload of contacts. im afraid the MA would take a lot of my time - the time i need to work because deadlines are unforgiving - but it could also get me more work? i dont know.

ha ha-- that's a guaranteed no on the employment front i think. really, nobody cares about degrees maybe except for doctors.

what you probably need is a good online portfolio, recommendations from clients, a nice website, and some kickass business cards. in other words, spend some time & money marketing yourself. then there's the going with the clients for a drink & shit of that sort, but that can be annoying...

what languages do you translate and where do you live?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|