View Single Post
Old 10.30.2009, 11:13 AM   #66
Lurker
invito al cielo

Lurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I have the problem that, while religious sorts often don't help themselves, atheists often have the most weary, half-baked notions of what it is they're opposing. It's not that the content of atheists' arguments are wrong, they just tend to miss the point of what religion and spirituality is and does. What really pisses me off is that the image of poisonous, vile, literalist Americans like the Westboro Baptists entirely distorts the popular image of the complete remainder of religion, or at least Christianity.

That was a joke by the way. Believing in a god that punishes people who believe in a god is...self defeating.

What I don't like in many atheists is that they don't just lack belief in any god/religion but that they define themselves by this opposition to religion. But in what your saying I suppose that's why someone like Nietzsche is so important because he actually addresses the problems in the loss of religion, such as the loss of meaning in life that this entails.
Lurker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|