View Single Post
Old 10.28.2009, 07:59 PM   #5
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Oh, AND he shows up on Nick Drake's Bryter Layter, which is just another awesome feather in his cap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadcapLaughs
i dont know much of his solo work, but i enjoy paris 1919 a whole lot, the song andalucia(sp?) is really nice. where would you recommend i go from here?

The album of his most similar to Paris 1919 is probably Vintage Violence, the album before it, which is also very pretty, and excellent too. However, I'd really suggest that your next purchase is The Island Years. It's a double CD which has his next 3, and to me best, albums on it, with some bonus stuff. More narrowly, the first of those, Fear, is THE one to check out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuj
I'd kill for that 3CD 60s thing. I have dreamt about Sun Blindness ever since I read about it in Wire.....fucking a decade ago. I do have some stuff from that period, and it mesmerizes me.

It's just stupidly good. I have the original wooden box set, and it's my singly most treasured music item probably. If you have the Tony Conrad Early Minimalism set that TOE also put out then it's in a similar vein, but even better (and much more varied). Sun Blindness Music is just the first, and probably best disc of that. They actually just repressed that on it's own I think. They had a few copies in my local shop. If so, BUY IT NOW!
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|