View Single Post
Old 10.28.2009, 07:43 AM   #4
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
1. Do you think in black and white terms, re: logic, where either it is or it isn't...?

Logic is, to my mind, predicated not on definitive conclusions but on valid inference; the former suggests the 'black and white' metaphor; the latter is primarily affirmative-negative. As such, the latter aspires more to what can be shown rather than what is and is, to my mind, opposed to the notion of a bifurcation of 'black and white'. Further, 'black and white' as a metaphor always appeals to a dialectical dynamic which threatens to eternally transgress its own apparent determinateness by admitting of two possible positions.

So my answer isn't a 'yes or no', it's a 'neither/ nor' (or Mu, for those familiar with Pirsig).

2. Do you dream in black and white or color?

Honestly, I tend not to dream.

3. Photography: do you work in, or prefer black and white photography over color?

I like good pictures. I dislike bad ones.

4. TV or movies: Would you rather watch it in black and white or color?

I'd rather not watch either.

5. Visual art: do you like to work in, or prefer viewing black and white art over color?

I prefer sculpture and installation to form and colour.

6. Clothing: Do you lean toward basic black and white or are you a splashy color dresser?

This last year, much more colour, but pretty monochrome in general.

7. Do you believe that black is assoctiated with evil and white signifies all things good and pure?

I do believe they have those associations, yes. Further, those associations have been quite explicitly stated time and time agian, particularly in the last 100 years or so. Stating empirical facts with a question mark isn't really an ideal way to extrapolate information from people.

8. And finally, is Jesus black or white...???

The fact you said 'is' makes me think you believe in Jesus in the present tense; I was always raised that it's impolite to give an opinion that might impinge upon a person's particular belief system.

[/prick]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|