View Single Post
Old 10.28.2009, 06:52 AM   #126
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous

i used to love this as a kid but i watched it again tonight and it find it atrocious. the writers where gay and they created the characters as their ultimate gay fantasy couple but made them brothers. but if you watch the show they are so obviously gay. they have a gay relationship and are gay without being gay. they have the kind of relationship that is very hard/almost impossible perhaps to have in real life, one that should be possible but is not really permitted. it is a queer dynamic in denial of itself. joey and chandler where the same. i watched it for the first time in years last night, it was one where the whole episode was niles and frasier in the cafe. it is basically 2 gay men in denial and maintaing the appearance that the denial is actually real, the way they treat and talk to each other, if you watch the show with this in mind it makes perfect sense. i think this is why those shows where so popular. i mean daphne and niles getting together? thats just as sick as the horrible form of pyschoanalysis they preached. and look at chandler and monica. bullshit. noone acts like that in real life. it is a gay man and lesbian woman autistically simulating a romance. and that is what it is supposed to be only it is edited to make it have the appearance of being straight.

frasier wrote himself prescriptions for whatever he wanted and got stoned in one episode. they all live for the drink in that show aswell. and they fund their bourgeoise with absolute inane feelgood radio drivel and force their own father to suffer their own internalised homophobia by hiring him a gorgeous maid who he can never have or express any desire towards. he is left to rot spouting his pyschotic right wing babble in an armchair with nothing but a jack russel for him to fuck. frasier has clearly hired daphne as prosititute/maid just like all rich americans do. but he doesn't want her because he wants his own brother and the incestuous desires drove him to study freud and become a shrink. all those neurotic mannerisms are just the speed and the early symtoms of his parkinsons coming on because he can write whatever scripts he wants. they are also obsessed with wine tasting. he has a lesbian ex wife and a son who he only sees for less than half an hour once a year. he needs all the speed to maintain his denial that there is a studio audience following him whereever he goes. he is afraid that if he appears to be aware of the studio audience then they will become aware that he is aware of them and reality will be shattered. he lives in constant fear. niles also has a pretend wife who doesn't exist but everyone believes that she does even tho she is never there because she is really some sort of unknown entity capable of editing herself into reality inspite of her non existance. noone is aware of this because she has remote access to their brains perhaps in the form of a virus that blocks the neural pathways that deal with the paradox of the situation. it was the greatest sci fi show ever made.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|