View Single Post
Old 10.27.2009, 09:23 AM   #31
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Gary Young was a pretty shitty drummer, which made him and the rest of the band quite awesome. I liked Pavement when they were wild and unrestrained. After Gary left, a lot of the energy and mystique left the band (which you can see not only in the songwriting but in the lyrics -- the album art was still pretty weird, though, for a while). Still, Crooked Rain was a great album, though it did reach a bit into excessive at times (a few too many guitar solos, I think. You guys can play better now -- we get it!). But... I think Wowee is cool because it was experimental and pretty wild and out-there but they had some actual, um, "chops" behind it, so it's just this total mindfuck of an album. Corners and Twilight are like Crooked Rain with shitty boring songs.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|