View Single Post
Old 10.16.2009, 10:39 AM   #32
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Academics are all wankers; messageboard denizens are all wankers. It's all about subtle shades of a shitty brown.

Prussian Blue are far from my favourite band. I'm not saying I dislike them - they have a certain charm entirely lacking from the majority of explicitly racist music - but I wouldn't ever condescend to defending them. And I'm definitely coming down on the side of scepticism with Strauss' 'Nazi sympathies'. Heidegger rescinded on his support for the Nazis, but I don't think that makes his ideological sanctification of Nazi idea(l)s (albeit inadvertant) any less repulsive. I don't hear anything explicitly Nazi in Strauss' music (which isn't as true of Wagner) so I'm happy carrying on listening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|