View Single Post
Old 09.17.2009, 05:39 PM   #19
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Absosutely not, for the same reasons as I don't download. Namely, in addition to various ethical concerns, that I seem to be incapable of forming anywhere near as strong a relationship with a bunch of files on my computer as I do with, say, a vinyl. The experience of tracking an album down in shops (especillay on release day), buying it, taking it home, unwrapping it, absorbing the cover art, and putting on my stereo for the first time is big part of the process whereby I bond with music, and always has been. A low quality rip of an album that's coming out in a month will just never give me that.

There's also the fact that not downloading music is the only way I can possibly ensure that I actually get to be familiar with what I have. I don't have any kind of portable music device, and as a result the number of hours in each day that I can actually spend listening to stuff is quite limited. With the sheer range of stunning music out there already, keeping my listening limited to what I can actually find and buy is my way making sure that I actually listen to what I have. The fact that I paid for it makes me give it the time of day. If I got into downloading, especially stuff that hasn't even come out yet, I would just drown myself in new music that I rarely actually listened to properly, as my brief toe-dips into online music collecting have aptly threatened...

So no.
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|