Thread: Toni Tony TOne
View Single Post
Old 09.17.2009, 04:52 AM   #16
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Everyone's into tao, for the tao is in the one, and in the many.

I wrote an essay on Genesis (as in the Bible, not the band) being directly represented within the Tao te ching. It required that both 'God' and 'Tao' are taken to mean 'not directly representible to the human consciousness' (that is, destituting each language's syntax). I was quite pleased with myself.

I think the representation of Satan in popular culture is something that doesn't really come in until the dark ages; I'm not even sure the gnostics represented 'him' pictorially. I know that a lot of what we consider 'ancient' representations of Satan/ Satanic sorts are 18th- or 19th-century fabrications (most notably, Baphomet) thrown about by neo-Gnostic groups like the Rosacrucians.

But yeah, I do think that Satan needs a new avatar. Something very zingy. Very now. What does Satan represent, in 2009?

Kloriel, your posts are brilliant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|