View Single Post
Old 09.09.2009, 10:13 AM   #4716
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
it is amazing. "Ignorant Shit" blows my mind.

1. Black Album = classic. Seriously. Unbelievable.
2. Life After Death = very good. Did you see Notorious BTW?
3. Dalek = I want to like them so much. But I can never seem to get into it. On paper the conept is so something I should love. But it just hasn't grabbed me yet.

Ignorant Shit is classic. Roc Boys (And The Winner Is....) is also GOLD, as is Fallin. What really knocks me out about is the consistency though. The whole album is very good to stunning, and it really has a great flow to it. Unlike something like the Black Album, which is great but all over the place stylistically, it just seems like this really streamlined STATEMENT album, much like Reasonable Doubt or The Blueprint.

1. Indeed it is. Admittedly I do find it a little uneven in places, but the heights of the album are so absurdly goddamn high and plentiful that it simply doesn't matter. December 4th? Encore? Moment of Clarity? 99 Problems? My 1st Song? Some all time greatest stuff right there.
2. It is very good, although, as many others have said, it might have benefited a bit from being a single album. As amazing as Biggie is, 110 minutes is a lot to carry, and there are inevitably a few weaker tracks. No, I did not see Notorious, but wanted to. Good?
3. I personally like Dalek quite a bit, but generally in smallish doses. They get a tad wearing after a while. The thing is, that in theory they should be one of my favourites ever, the idea is so good, but in practice they're "just" good to me. That said, From Filthy Tongues is a pretty great album. The best I've heard by them. Check it out if you haven't. Spiritual Healing is a GREAT track.
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|