View Single Post
Old 08.27.2009, 05:38 PM   #18
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not defensive. If you don't like it, you don't like it. I dont' know. I've been listening to hip hop 20odd yrs as well. It's hard to explain but I like a lot of newer stuff as well.

Jay-Z, Kanye, etc I like as sort of a throwback to Biggie, Big L, etc era. Same way that The Game is like a great throwback to 2Pac for me.

South Music (Lil Wayne, TI, Young Jeezy, etc etc etc) I love becuz it's very pure to me. The speak in their natural regional dialect. They use simple drum beats. The use simple major-chord keyboard melodies. It's a sort of non-fancy minimalist approach to music making that reminds me of (dare I say it?) punk.

As far as this "crunk music" thing... or the so-called Hyphy Music or whatever, that's South Bay, CA scene. I've never really been exposed to it. I've checked out a few things, but I don't really get it. But who knows. Maybe one day it'll click and I'll like it. I used to hate Southern Hip Hop until one day it just made sense to me.