View Single Post
Old 08.26.2009, 01:58 PM   #12
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
Ok, I just got done fiddling with my setup, here are some things I figured out:

I tried taking the crybaby out of the picture and just running through my other 4 pedals. I also tried turning the Treble down on the amp. It helped but now for some reason, the reverb on the EH Holy Grail is not working and the knob is acting as the master volume for my entire board only backwards (turning it all the way to the right is zero) WTF?!!!!!!

In answer to some of your question, yes the silvertone amp is tube powered. As for my cables, they were getting pretty old so a month ago I went and bought a set of brand new ones, patch cables and instrument cables. The Sovtek Big Muff is definately not the issue. That thing is as clear as a bell, zero unwanted feedback. Strangely the Boss DS-1 does seem to cause some of it. Eh I don't know, I think I'm gonna go back down and check each pedal again one by one to pinpoint it, but I'm almost positive the crybaby is causing the majority of it. Actually, I think I'm going to take it to my parents and plug it into my Marshall half stack.

Thank you all for being so eager to help. I appreciate it and I will make notes of all your suggestions
EyeballGrowth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|