View Single Post
Old 08.26.2009, 07:09 AM   #22
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
It's really weird how all of their albums sound "like Pavement," yet all of their albums have a very different, and specific sound. Ya dig?

Of all of the Pment reissues, I'd agree that this is probably the best one. When I was younger I made my own little companion albums for each album that compiled of the bsides from that era (that I could find). But Matador really went above and beyond. And I love that the Luxe includes the bsides, the outtakes, AND a live show. So great.

At any rate, this album is really special to me cuz it was one of those albums that sort of made me stop and think about what it is that I love about music. The band really just had a special vision, especially at this time and without sounding too cheesy, they sort of knew how to make an album that sounded "pure."