View Single Post
Old 08.24.2009, 11:50 PM   #1
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
I've tried everything and I need some advice. I'm playing a heavily but professionally modified Mexican Strat running through 5 pedals. The order from guitar to amp is: Dunlop Crybaby Volume/wah, Sovtek Big Muff Pi, Ibanez Digital Delay, Boss DS-1, and Electro Harmonix Holy Grail. All that is going to a 69 Sears/Silvertone amp which is old but it's never given me problems before and it sounds fine with just a guitar going to it.

The problem is feedback. High pitched screeching that is so loud you can barely hear the guitar over it. Without any distortion pedals turned on it's just a really loud high pitched ringing, not like normal feedback at all. With distortion it's just overpoweringly loud, can't even hear the guitar. I don't care about feedback, infact I enjoy it and use it in my music, but only when I create it intentionally by turning on my wah or turning two distortions on at once or something of that nature. I've tried everything, tried changing the position of the distortions, helped slightly but then a few days later it somehow went back to being just as bad. Tried changing the order of the pedals. It seems like my volume/wah may be creating lots of it seeing as Dunlops are super cheap, and when I took it off the board it helped to a degree but still, ugh. Any advice?
EyeballGrowth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|