View Single Post
Old 08.24.2009, 09:36 PM   #7
infinitemusic
the destroyed room

infinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's asses
Noe Venable - The World is Bound By Secret Knots.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7H183VAW

Your Shannon Wright post reminded me of this because Pandora recommended some of her music when I made a Noe Venable playlist. Anyway, this is probably her most accessible and traditional album and it's awesome. Most of her music is sorta freak-folkish. This one has weird mixes of electronic loops and real instruments, the music is sometimes almost groovy psychedelic hippie stuff, but she manages to incorporate a lot of other sounds, and sparse use of guitar. And the lyrics are insanely poetic, deep and visual. She should be as popular as Shannon Wright and a million times more popular than that lameass Joanna Newsom, who sounds mildly similar to her, except with a much harsher, uglier voice and more pretension. Toward the middle and end it gets a little overly girly for me, but it picks up again at "Lilies". Not my usual type of stuff, but it's very good.

I don't like to share this album because it's not out of print, but I know almost no one has heard of her and I want more people to get the change to listen. If you like it, buy it. She has a lot of albums on her website www.noevenable.com

NOTE- there are some duplicate tracks on here, MP3s that aren't great quality. Just delete them.
infinitemusic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|