View Single Post
Old 08.19.2009, 02:49 PM   #13
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
How important is mystery to Caroliner? Please explain.

The Buttonup Skeleton:
You mean a mystery story, like Aggie Christian and the British fortune tellers. My answer is only if it has a murdering priest. I want a big book against the Catholics. Hoffman wrote the only mystery worth reading that I know of. I wanted to know about the end of that one. I want to see a man blindsided by fate and history. The only mystery I care about is one in history. That's the one where a man does not know who his grandfather is and he turns out to be a magician or a lycanthrope... A book should be big, like walking through a big painting and making handshakes with different peoples of the world. That is why most books aren't as good as paintings. With a painting you can see everything at once, unless it's one of those altarpieces. So no, then, mystery is not important at all.

Thalamusk:

I see mystery wearing the dressing of the sime that i am. Naked there is no mystery and possible disgust. A mystery like this? Does this suit your question? (Thalmus takes his pants off at this point).

Why do you believe Caroliner has lasted so long? Or, to put another slant on the question, why has it refused to disappear?

Allogro Stickatto:
It's like taking a long walk on an empty stomach. And when one most perilous and long voyage ends, only begins a second time around with the path ahead unrecognizable....same.

The Buttonup Skeleton:
It would probably disappear if we could manage it. You take a bull, that is a big animal. If you have ever had a bull die on you, you have your work cut out for you... There is a lot of stripping and carving and freezing to do. This whole band is just one long process of getting everything in the cellar for winter. It's a long-lived band because history's is going to be a very long winter. Also a big cellar for the animal parts. Maybe that is where we keep the values too, come to think of it. You pack them in the walls to keep them in harmony with the earth temperatures, but people move out of the houses and forget especially about the leftover parts of the animal. It is about this problem that we have our Cellar with the Intestines song. So at this point Caroliner is less about the packing for winter and has progressed more into the finger-in-the-dike problem of keeping the horse guts from collapsing in on you. Of course you can wrap your arms in them as a good way to keep warm, and you have a partial solution right there... A slippery guts case for the entire human body. Cover the family in blood. That would be a solution to world hunger!

Can you identify Caroliner's greatest enemy?

The Buttonup Skeleton:
Cold and fear. I can answer that right away as a winter dweller. That's why I live only in one room... You have a whole bunch of rooms to walk through and you start to get the fear. Living alone it's then hard to get rid of it. I have close them all off with headbaords. I bring all the furniture in the room to keep me company. The dog can stay outside... I don't like how a living animal changes during night time. Man's friend is a fanged and fingered beast during the night. So, to answer your question, fear and loneliness are our enemies that can only be vanquished through the friendship and loyalty of toothless tables and chairs.

Allogro Stickatto:
Robber barons, and vigilance committees. Only the defeated and deserters run away and enlist. According to our general maxim, an enemy is good to defray the current expenses.

Thalamus:

Having a practice with people who are of little intelligence or "superior" intelligence with the Caroliner music. It's a forward tempo with the beat removed coupled with finger clamp joy. Not recommended to anyone who entertains with instruments!

End.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|