View Single Post
Old 08.19.2009, 02:49 PM   #12
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
B.E. Waxheel:
You will have to save this question for some one else because I don't remember any gap, just a sudden alteration in the year. I didn't think of it until you asked this question. I thought it was one of those leap year. Isn't that what they do in the government, four years every...? No, I am in the dark with this one and with time zones. I won't set foot into a time zone. Let every town have its own clock... I go by the clock above the drugstore, not any time the government sets. It is just a scheme to speed up time and get more taxes. I, uh, developed the scheme to farm on vertical plots, like on a cliff face, to make good usage of it as grazing land which they can't see on a map or from a tepicropper of the sky, and so can't tax. I invented the instrument to fix livestock horizontally on a steep piece of land. You can hear all about this on one of the next long play recordings.

You're often described as an example of American Gothic. Taking a slap in the dark with a wayward tentacle, is there a place for HP Lovecraft in the Caroliner pantheon?

The Buttonup Skeleton:

Please go back to the dark and take more wet slaps to the face because none of us know any explanation for this love craft question. By the looks of his name he is a loony dripping romance writer of the twentieth century, and you have once again strayed well outside our boundaries of knowledge. Ask about Charles Brown or Monk Lewis and you might meet with some comprehension and the nodding of heads whose freight of knowledge tends them against all struggle in a downward direction towards the lamplight tabletop. Many who have not made the proper acquaintance of a single book assume it is a fine thing to live a life of knowledge and aspiration towards the grand inkspot of history when it is unavoidable for those with shrunken lower bodies and heavy heads.

Allogro Stickatto:

A man needs land! The sea fills me with trepidation, and tentacles are no trivial factor. When I think about books, I think about things I never knew about, but not things that nobody knows about.

Cottypeariley:

Have you heard of the book "How to Behave: A Pocket Manual of Republican Etiquette", "Border and Cattle Towns of Kansas", "The Red Gum Mountain Men", Tales of the Congaree", "Saloons of the Old West", "Old Railroad Cripple Stories", "Upstairs Women: Prostitution of the American West", "A Prarie Advantage, Chalkwell" or the well distributed "Wisconsin Death Trip".

All easily approachable for ye fickle readers of romantic (a useless disease) fantasy (an illusionary japetrick), here is U.S. slantasy of a horrific scale that comes with decrepit starved coffin-ready detail and no catfish faced chewer of womenless slidesteppers.

Does contemporary popular music filter into the Caroliner aesthetic in any way?

Thalamusk:

If you must know many a fine Indian tune has entered into our sound effectuants. This is in no way 'influencial' or 'important'.

Allogro Stickatto:
In every period of history, and in every human society, there exists an understanding of the meaning of life which represents the highest level to which men of that society have attained, an understanding defining the highest good at which that society aims.
Only on the basis of such verification shall we be able to rid ourselves of the pernicious results of true and good art and to avail ourselves of that beneficent action which is the purpose of true and good art and which is indispensable or the spiritual life of man and of humanity. But popular comprehension cannot even distinguish between a violoncello and a bass viol. It's not so often we get to hear the stuff. The other day in the outhouse I used a little scrap that said "Moonlight" and had some dark specks. Be they fly eggs or notation of acheivement? Only the runny lobscouse, and ash coating lain over it, judge such a thing from its new resting place under the privvy.

The Buttonup Skeleton:

No, except for the Barrel Gordon Trio. There are our contemporaries and the one non-Caroliner song we have performed. We have the only copy of the 78 that we know of, and no you can't borrow it, so ours might be the only version for history until the locate the original band members down by Johniface's creek prospecting for gems or whatever I imagine they must be doing now. They are the only other musicians I would shake the hands of. Those men must have beautiful hands. I think of other music besides Caroliner, I just see a pair of golden hands holding a handful of wet dirt and gems towards the viewer. You would not be able to navigate my mind away from that image.

Cottypeariley:

Would it be so forward to say that Aida Jones, Rose Murphy, and Eileen Stanley provide a fine service for the wounded soul? Would it be of consequence if mankind left their tepid lifestyle in the gybe and pyse of today, and abandoned a heart to the 78 platter of roya-moiety? The answer to that question on the lips of a nation, and 'pike of the hoople' beast of no consequence, sits on a clatter of lighning in a shout of a cymbal crash! Yes it does! This is no chance folly these recordings are here on our fundament of dirt! Life has spoken!

Can you explain the importance of the ten-album cycle, what it represents to you and the point of releasing a summary of each cycle prior to its beginning?

The Buttonup Skeleton:
Keep in mind that all of these songs were recorded in the guts of a bull before we retrieved transcribed them, so the periodic issuance is just realistic. Cows have, uh, all the stomachs, and the intestine is segmented... Maybe the first one or two albums, there is your approach to the face and mouth of the bull. You can imagine yourself crawling in the eye... Then, darkness, and it has remained that these last twenty years or so. We expect the next one hundred albums in periods of ten all deal with the intestines and stomach. Then maybe the light at the end of the tunnel and barnyard fly existence. We have adapted our bodies and beings to living as intestinal parasites, and I can tell you it is still better than the life of the modern mall dweller. Basically you are choosing between a parasitic existence relative to a building or to another animal so, uh, I like to imagine that my kitchen and bedroom is a passenger in the snake belly and lie myself down on my belly and wriggle like a snake. The belly of the modernity dweller would snag on the flooring nails and cause an awful spill, so there is a difference right there between Caroliner and the moderne.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|