View Single Post
Old 08.11.2009, 01:50 PM   #6
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dionysusundone
I prefer the Mob, Flux Of Pink Indians, KUKL if they count over Chaos stuff....never much cared for that, seemed like street-punk trying even harder to pretend they didn't care

ouch, from the anarcho perspective, we always thought of street punk bands as being a little soft, don't get me wrong, I like some street punk bands but

for me.. its not just the lyrics, because most punk bands have good lyrics, its the sound. the edge, speed and distortion of chaos/crust/anarcho is my favorite, and its unique to that 'genre'

hardcore bands, metal bands, 'alternative bands' hint at the speed and edge of this music, but nothing captures it like a good gutter punk band like Self Destruct or Aus Rotten..

my favorite is subhumans, which is a bit less edge in the sound and speed, but much more intense in the lyrical content. Dick Lucas is one of the best punk lyricists ever, his music is not just 'hey i'm pissed off look at me' but actually intellegent and intelligible, a rare treat for the kind of music that usually requires to to check the liner notes to catch the words. (as subhumans said, you can't hear the words cuz the musics to loud..)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|