View Single Post
Old 08.08.2009, 11:35 PM   #10
Sonic Youth Gossip
stalker

Sonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitemusic
First of all, I think that, by and large, electroclash and even 8-bit (as interesting as I think it is) is going to be seen as a joke a few years down the line. Second of all, I'd also like to see something NEW. I wish there was something that took inspiration from the past (like everything does) but somehow sounded fresh. I think a lot of problem is that people, even the music press, think (or at least though for awhile) that adding electro fx to rock songs made it "super cool and new", even though they had already done that in the 70s 80s. And the results were generally just as bad. Electronic music, to me, isn't really that much more interesting or new than rock music. I mean, we've had synths in pretty wide use since the 70s, right? So I don't really know what to think.
Listen to some stuff on Warp Records, I've always found that to be totally forward thinking. Even some of the stuff they were doing in the 90's was still way ahead of today's music.
Sonic Youth Gossip is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|