View Single Post
Old 08.05.2009, 07:32 AM   #46
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFoxBen
Mh, I would say $10 is a bit much but you decide.

BTW, "Lord of weeping ribcages" is cool

Most independant filmmakers sell their films for a good $15-20. I think $10 is a good price, since it covers shipping, packaging, the dvd's themselves, the art, the dot com site, the effort to make the films, then.. you know, in the end, I might get $2 profit to fund the next one I do. I'd like to even eventually pay my actors something too.. and maybe even advertise.

See, that's another thing. After I finish my next film, I'm going to buy a 50 pack of dvd-r's and send my movie to tons of experimental-film-releasing "studios", as well as to zines/reviewers/etc. Maybe even submit it to some little festivals and shit. That is going to cost me lots of money, so it'd be cool to get a little bit of money in order to be able to fund my ability to do that stuff

Still, $10 does seem a bit much, I agree. But if it were, say, $5, I'd be losing money on every one I send out. I'll always have the films posted on the internets for people to see, but some people want the actual disc with the art and stuff.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|