Thread: M83
View Single Post
Old 08.03.2009, 11:34 PM   #9
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
There is a thread about them somewhere, I distinctly remember that, but I am too lazy and fucked up on codeine to look.

A lot of their songs are weird, because they have these really beautiful, amazing parts but the songwriting is almost always awful. There is no real flow to a lot of their songs (specifically on the last few albums), it's just this weird cut and pasting of sections. Look at a song like "Don't Save Us From the Flames" (which I love, actually), it just feels like these disconnected parts put together.. it doesn't always work, and it makes the songs all feel kinda just.. eh. They don't tell much of a story, they just have one cool part, then maybe a shitty part, then a cool part, etc. A small criticism but something I noticed.

They have some other songs, though, that just build and build and build. I love those. I think his older albums are way better. Saturdays=Youth bored the hell out of me.

I really like this band, actually, but I don't LOVE them. They do have some really great songs though, so yeah.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|