View Single Post
Old 07.12.2009, 08:51 PM   #15
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
NOTE: This isn't just a "hey, check out my music" thread in disguise. We are really trying to make the jump now but I don't know who'd be interested in our music. We're too heavy for a pop/rock label but not heavy enough for a metal label, too experimental for a straightforward music label but not experimental enough for a full-on experimental music label, and, with the exception of our drummer, not musically proficent enough for a prog label...

Haven't had a chance to listen, but you just described the ideal Sub Pop band a few years back. Of course that was a few years back. Problem is, record labels are a bit of a dying dinosaur right now. I don't even try to find anything bigger than the "friend who wants to list you in their catalog and put your My Space profile on their My Space profile and won't charge you anything for it" type label these days. Maybe some of those will grow with you, but there are no indies discovering new talent anymore. Sadly.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|