View Single Post
Old 07.01.2009, 02:39 PM   #29
Shifty Prophet
100%

Shifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Air
Really? "Machine Gun" on Band of Gypsies is a totally awesome foray into heaviness in my book. Hendrix had set some rather high standards for himself to top, but given the time to do it, he might have invented whole new genres of music.

I was talking more about his First Rays of The New Rising Sun/Cry Of Love albums. Yes, Machine Gun is still astounding, and I know what you mean about high standards and new genres. I'm just saying when you listen to the last things he recorded before he died, its hard to say if he would have gone the jazz route,(he actually did play with Miles Davis on several occasions, but never got him to record because Miles wanted 50,000 for an hour), but probably more into the forays of jamming, which done with the proper musicians is great, but the majority of the jamming Hendrix managed to record sounds less than standard for him. He probably would have told Mike Jeffrey to fuck off, paid him a bunch of money and started doing things independently.

I guess a good example is Miles Davis. A musical superstar and genius but a lot of his fusion era records aren't that good, especially the shit he recorded in the 80's.
Shifty Prophet is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|