View Single Post
Old 06.29.2009, 11:18 AM   #1302
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

viewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
and listen..all the praise the dictators get for being punk godfathers....FCUK THOSE GUYS. totally suck. tooooottttaaaaallllly ssssuuuuucccckkk.

i hate 'em.

theres one band as far as im concerned that gets that title...and its not the velvet underground (whom i do acknowledge as being largely influential on the music i listen to...as well as being a great band)..

but that title...it goes to the stooges. and the stooges alone at that. with all the "who started it london or new york" shit.....the pistols and the ramones BOTH covered stooges songs, not NY dolls songs, not television songs, not mc5 songs...stooges songs.

and the dead boys really were not all that great either...total stooges rip offs if there ever was such a thing. more interesting, yes, that yr typical stooges rip off (id listen to em over awesome color any day...sorry thrston)...but stillll.
The Dictators are anti-art and anti-pretension and fun as hell. Go Girl Crazy is one of my favorite fucking albums. Sure.. there's better music out there, but I'm sure handsome dick could beat the shit out of all of em.

viewtiful_alan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|