Thread: Why vinyl?
View Single Post
Old 06.06.2009, 07:06 PM   #55
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
I do think vinyl sounds better for most things, especially with old rock and jazz records, and some hip-hop, but if I'm completely honest that's not really why I'll always prefer vinyl. I prefer vinyl because you can fucking feel it. The experience of digging out a nicely produced vinyl album, opening the gatefold, reading the inserts ETC, and just the pure tactile experience of holding the thing in yout hands and putting it on the turntable ,make vinyl just an entirely different deal to CDs. I still buy majority CDs for financial reasons and issues of availability, but all things being equal, vinyl is my heart. Sometimes I get literally annoyed with how... lifeless CDs are; these little tacky plastic objects; such that I just can't listen to anything but vinyl for short periods. I'm not some high-horse purist about it, the music is ultimately the most important thing, but damn if vinyl isn't nicer in some many ways...
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|