View Single Post
Old 06.02.2009, 04:26 AM   #10
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I don't think they're as good as a lot of people have said they are, but they definitely have their merit. They're unique. I just think the problem is, they don't fit in with any genre in particular -- how do you market this kind of music?... another problem: the production is absolutely terrible on Hairdryer Peace, purposefully so of course.. but to the point where I don't bother putting that album on very often. I always say production doesn't matter, but it's so not-produced-in-the-least to be difficult to listen to, no matter how "aesthetically pleasing" it is. I mean, for a lack of a better example, there's lots of Dead C recordings that are produced like garbage, but for whatever reason they made it work. Hospitals just give me a headache. Which, again, is kinda "cool" but it's not surprising that their records aren't worth anything. And limited to 500 isn't very limited when you consider what the sound on that record is like. I think I sorta agree with what Glice said... willfully difficult music was pretty cool a while back, but I'm kind of looking for a bit more substance than knee-jerk noisey bursts nowadays. They're not too bad, though, especially compared to the thousands of "brilliant" bands jerking off with samplers or fucking with some shitty FX pedal for 30 minutes.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|