Thread: Why vinyl?
View Single Post
Old 05.28.2009, 12:48 PM   #17
Better_Than_You
the destroyed room

Better_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by terminal pharmacy
Vinyl sounding better makes complete sense, you probably just need it explained why it is so; so here is the explanation: current digital recording technologies are as of yet unable to supply the sampling rates that can encode all the harmonics that can be heard in analogue recordings. Up until recently the highest sample rates have been 320khz this means 320,000 samples per second, this is then down sampled to cd medium which is 16bit with a sampling rate of 44.1khz or 44100 samples per second. This has an effect on the harmonics that we are unable to hear, however just because we can't hear it, it doesn't mean these harmonics are irrelevant. These harmonic frequencies interact with those within our hearing range and this is what people recognise as warmth in a recording.

did you copy and paste this from somewhere?? cause damn. if that came off of the top of your head, i think you should maybe invest in a carreer of professional 'explaining'. like... for fuckin' ceral boxes and shit. serious. its good money. i know a spoken word artists in minneapolis/st.paul (dessa) who did that and made good $$$$.

-----------------------------------------

frankly, i prefer vinyl to cd because its indier.

i said it. you all were thinking it.

Better_Than_You is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|