Thread: Why vinyl?
View Single Post
Old 05.28.2009, 10:21 AM   #13
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I'd like to express some thoughts about that OLD X-Men arcade game. It's a great game and all, with good levels, characters, and plot, but WHO WROTE THESE CHEESY LINES? Practically every word that comes out of the character's mouths is something corny!

For example, when you first go on Magneto's island, he throws you into a trap and yells "WELCOME TO DIE!!!!!!!!" Another stupid thing that annoys everybody is in the 2nd level, when you fight the blob. Every time you hit him, and he falls down and gets up, he says "Nothing moves the Blob!" I mean, what a thing to say after you've just thrown him on the floor! I think the guy has a little bit too much self-confidence there!

The final fight with Magneto isn't all poetic either. EVERY time he kills you, he goes "You are dead! Ha ha ha!" That's like me walking up to people on the street and going "You are carbon-based life forms! Ha ha ha!" or "You drink water! Ha ha ha!"

However, the worst, stupidest line in the game that cracks people up when I repeat it to them is when you supposedly "find" Professor X after beating Juggernaut. It's really a shapeshifter in disguise, and you know how she throws the X-Men into a trap? She, as Professor X, goes "Thank God you're here, X-Men! Magneto is over there!" I was like "Ummmmm...." when I read that line, it just WRITHED with sheer stupidity! "Magneto is over there!" Now, something like "Magneto is planning to destroy the world in his base! Let's go get him!" wouldn't be as corny as "Magneto is over there!"

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|