View Single Post
Old 05.12.2009, 03:45 AM   #15
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
I largely agree (with the possible expetion that I'd try and fit the VU and maybe Dylan in there somewhere, if we're talking groundbreaking 60s artists). I mean fucking hell, the guy recorded:

Safe as Milk
Strictly Personal/Mirror Man
Trout Mask Replica
Lick My Decals Off, Baby

At a rate of one a year between 67-70. That shit is insane! Easily up there with the Velvet Underground 67-70, or Beatles 65-69, or Dylan 63-66, as a display of totally mind-boggling productivity and invention. Legendary.

"The moon was a drip on a dark hood
'N they were drivin' around 'n around
Vital Willy tol' Weepin' Milly
I'm gonna booglarize you baby"
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|