View Single Post
Old 05.06.2009, 04:55 PM   #6
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Solo-wise, I'm an improviser. This basically means that I practise between 2-4 hours a day (actually, I've been reading more lately, so this is closer to 45 minutes) and never get around to recording anything. The rare times that I do record, I immediately delete it and set about practising a bit harder. I did play a gig recently that was the first time I didn't feel like I'd been gutted for week afterwards. A positive step, of sorts.

Band-wise, we get together infrequently, are brilliant, record something brilliant, never play it to anyone and have gay arguments, infrequently, about how brilliant we are (current estimation: unspeakably so).

I've started playing violin with a band about a month ago, and they quite rightly have the approach of 'demo it, get out playing live and see what the kids make of it'. The music isn't earth-shattering, but it is fun to work with people who aren't overwroughtly thinking they're writing the best music ever (hello, me) but just making something that's fun to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|