View Single Post
Old 06.14.2006, 05:44 PM   #1636
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
I am listening to an ancient 10" with a handmade cover entitled "Rail Dynamics." Train sounds on one side; a storm on the other. The surface noise gives it the weight of years, and this is pretty cool. Handstamped labels too!

By a slight coincidence, today I bought, for the princely sum of 50p (@ 80cents) a 1970 LP called The Age of Steam. It's a BBC educational thing to accompany some old TV programme about the 19th century. It's on now.

Side one is songs about the time, but side two is readings from acts of law, speeches etc. Side two, track 8 is For and Against The Railroad, reading from a report into whether or not there should be a railway between Liverpool and Manchester (which turned out to be the first timetabled passenger railway in the world - Rainhill Trials, Stephensons Rocket etc - I travel what's left of that very route quite often as it happens). So sort of connected.

Of no interest to you at all probably, Savage, and I'm quite sure that you'll never read this missive anyway, but that's just life I suppose...

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|