Thread: Metal Box book
View Single Post
Old 05.05.2009, 10:52 AM   #14
ricechex
the destroyed room

ricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
Its never been confirmed to me that Metal Box is a different mix than Second Edition - or maybe there are some demos?

Has anyone ever heard Wobble's Blueberry Hill album? Supposedly Wobble took ('stole' if you listen to Levine) a bunch of the bass lines he had worked up for PiL for his own album. Wobble's upcoming biography could be interesting. I didn't follow his post-PiL music much because I bought that Human Condition cassette that came out after he left PiL and it didn't have the same kick. And hardcore punk took a lot of my attention.

I don't think there's a different mix between Metal Box and Second Edition. I think i had heard that too. I'm wondering if that's just rumor based on other similar things going on with them, like Commerical Zone, in which Levine took an albums worth of material after Second Edition that was a diff version than "This is What You Want". And then you had the Wobble album you spoke of. I have a few versions of Second Edition. Vinyl, 2 copies of the cd, and Metal Box and they sound the same. BUT the Metal Box canister reissue thing sounds utterly fantastic due to fine remastering. Don't know if they're still producing em', but I HIGHLY recommend it.

ricechex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|