View Single Post
Old 05.04.2009, 11:26 PM   #22
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
I support any action resulting in Akron/Family not being his backing band.
Seconded wholeheartedly. The Angels of Light recordings prior to Akron/Family's involvement were the equal of Swans in terms of power and majesty, but once they came on board... meh. And even worse, they had a huge negative influence on his songwriting, even a Gira solo show became somewhat tortuous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I'm going to be the only one to reccomend you listen to "White Light From The Mouth Of Infinity". It's my favorite Swans record. It's way different than most of the others.
It's a long time since I've heard White Light in it's entirety, but the Various Failures compilation contains enough stuff from it for me to say "yeah" to loving that era. Only very slightly earlier, Jarboe's vocal on "Can't Find My Way Home" from Burning World is an object of great beauty.
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|