View Single Post
Old 04.30.2009, 07:58 PM   #18
super_charger
bad moon rising

super_charger kicks all y'all's assessuper_charger kicks all y'all's assessuper_charger kicks all y'all's assessuper_charger kicks all y'all's assessuper_charger kicks all y'all's assessuper_charger kicks all y'all's assessuper_charger kicks all y'all's assessuper_charger kicks all y'all's assessuper_charger kicks all y'all's assessuper_charger kicks all y'all's assessuper_charger kicks all y'all's asses
I love the Dead and I recall quite a few reviews of Murray St. hinting that the Youth were taking some inspiration from them for that album. That's probably not a popular opinion around these part though, hehe. But if you're really interested in checking them out I'd start with their earlier material which is definatelly more psychedelic. Dick's Picks Vl. 4 is one of my favorite, Dick's Vl. 16 as well. Both are culled from soundboard recordings of their late 60s early 70s live shows and have pretty 'far out' extended jamming sections. Keep in mind they do this while staying firmly in a 'classic rock' mold, so if that's not your thing I would skip them entirely.
super_charger is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|