View Single Post
Old 04.29.2009, 05:32 PM   #7
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
Anyone else think this is weird: Lil Wayne is being sued for not clearing the sample used in his track "I Feel Like Dying." What's weird about it is that technically, the song was never released. It was only on THE DROUGHT IS OVER IV, which is a free, downloadable mixtape that I'm not even positive that Wayne had anything to do with (mixtapes and how official they are boggle my mind).

Anyway. "Feel Like Dying" is a totally brilliant track, and I was shocked that it was kept off of CARTER III or an official release of some sort.

A lot of artists will license a record to overseas markets; if it exists, and other people can hear it, and someone can prove that Wayne made some financial gain out of it (even indirectly), it's sue-able. I mean, if he pressed some copies and sold/ gave them to people, there's a potential lawsuit there. Either way, I'd imagine he's got the legal clout behind him to quosh it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|