Thread: Mattin
View Single Post
Old 03.25.2009, 12:21 PM   #1
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
I believe its time we give Mattin (pronounced "MAH-cheen") his own thread. I dont think there is anybody in the entire world making experimental music so diverse and so fucking exhiliating right now. Ive been downloading a buncha his stuff on his website www.mattin.org and besides Billy Bao he has countless other great projects. I love how his punk bands come off as a Noise band making a stab at Punk as opposed to the usual Punk bands taking a stab at Noise. He is when it comes down to it, a highly skilled labtop noise artist. Besides Billy Bao he has tjhe almost as excellent La Grieta, a blazing punk band, and then Joxseta Grieta, the same blazing punk band with a wild ass vocalist by the name of Joxseta. His stuff withavant trombone player Radu Malfatti are straight up concrete damaged musiques full of space and silence, very indebted to Morton Feldman'sm most avant stuff. His No More Music project is straight up lab top power electronics, and I really like how he uses his electronics. I also dug his collabs with Junko fro, Hijokaidan, almost a perfect melding of minds. This dude is absolutely prolific and seemingly full of wonderful anf fyucked up sonic ideas. Id love to see him do stuff with maybe Dilloway, Kevin Drumm, and maybe Gulcher form his Home Blitz or Car Commericlas project.

Mattin rules.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|