Thread: CD vs Vinyl
View Single Post
Old 03.10.2009, 02:44 PM   #72
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Dead-Air's earlier point about increasingly finding CDs too bulky is a good one I think. Most of the music I've sold over the years has been because of space rather than financial restrictions - and I'm now looking at my CDs with the same sense of resentment that I used to reserve for vinyl. It strikes me that people want the permanence of a 'hard' copy but increasingly can't sacrifice the space necessary to house them. It's exactly the same with books. This is especially true of people who live in small rooms, flats, apartments. In that sense I tend to think format choice is as much a lifestyle issue as it is a musical preference.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|