View Single Post
Old 12.31.2008, 03:22 AM   #146
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
Actually in my opinion that's what most music is about. Obviously music is a personal creation based on interpretations from other music we heard. I've seen this said by alot of you and agree but another point hidden in that very point that I just thought of, by way of my previous post....

is that there has never really been a band that has done something completely different and absolutely 100% original. Most rock n roll bands have taken tiny tiny hints from their favorite (i'll say top 2 or 3) influences and just kind of mixed it and made it their own.

It's not about doing something new (lying) but more about finding what you like and what you're good at, and fucking owning that shit. Do it better than anyone else and if you're lucky you may just add something new to it in the process.

Think of a famous rock n roll star, of the 50s when it "started".

Buddy Holly.

His band the Crickets? All legendary Swing musicians...

and u can hear it.

But buddy Holly isn't "swing".

I wonder if this makes sense or if someone had mentioned this theory before...I'm falling asleep..
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|