View Single Post
Old 12.28.2008, 05:53 PM   #59
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florya
Drum & bass is derived from Jungle, and Jungle was pioneered by Fabio & Grooverider in the late 80's. Jungle was a hybrid of hardcore techno, ragga and dancehall.

The other three all have their roots in drum & bass or 80's house.

Although, drum & bass was a huge leap forward and is probably one of the evolutionary steps I mentioned earlier.

well i use the terms drum n bass and jungle interchangeably, and this is the first i've heard of it existing in the 80s.

but anyway, this is the point, nothing sounds that unprecedented if you are aware of it's influences, which isn't to say that the musical developements that people are citing are trivial or not worthy of remark, but merely that they are all quite natural if looked at in the light of their influences.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|