View Single Post
Old 12.28.2008, 05:27 AM   #7
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Florya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I don't know what happened in 1989 for you to say that was the last time something completely new occured within music, but it seems as arbitrary as any date. As for something that was musically fresh since then. Maybe Hardcore (rave not punk) although that borrowed from earlier house/techno, which is itself derivative of Disco, Hip Hop, Funk, etc. I don't think any music has been produced which truly stands unique and not tied, at least in part, to some earlier development.

What I'm saying is that up to the end of the eighties there seemed to be new types of music being discovered/developed all the time, but since then there has been nothing new. Everything nowadays seems to have it's roots in something that happened before 1990.
I take your point about all music being in some way derivative, but can you really tell me that you have heard music that sounds like nothing you've heard before in the last 18 years?

listening mirror @ Soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/listening-mirror

Florya is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|