View Single Post
Old 12.19.2008, 07:06 AM   #37
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Air
Oh, I dunno. I really like that set, though of course they were just fucking around. In the context of showing up at the Peel session as the ultimate hyped band of the day and knowing it and deciding to do all covers of then band Peel featured most often(instead of alternate takes of their own songs as was pretty much the tradition) it was a stroke of brilliance. And they're fun versions, particularly "My New House" with Thurston adding the line "I've got Steve Shelley in the basement!" The only one that I don't really like is "Victoria" and that's a Kinks cover to begin with.
The songs don't work because Sonic Youth aren't working class Englishmen! Hah!

Nah, I actually really enjoyed that Peel session. Weird hearing one of my favourite rock bands covering another of my favourite rock bands.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|